In 2008, the second Cambridge Super 8 Festival was a hugely successful event with more than 88 films screened in 4 competitive programmes and 2 non-competitive programmes.
All genres were represented (animation, fiction, documentaries and experimental film), showing the diversity of films submitted and versitility of the Super 8mm format.
Winners of the 2008 festival
- Jury Prize for best film
- → Shikashika by Steve Hyde
- Special Jury Prize
- → The Two brother from 8 moments in Barcelona as seen by Johan Krame
- Development Prize
- → Dash Dot by Ian Helliwell
- The Best UK Film and Audience Prize
- → The Flasher by Magnus Irvin
In addition, two films received special mentions from the Jury:
- Lunch by Miklos Solyom
- Burnt Out and Inarticulate by Ian Weake.