All films must meet our simple set of rules, please read them carefully before submitting your film;
- The Festival accepts only films which have be shot on the Super 8 format (or at least 50% of the running time).
- Any genres are accepted (documentary, fiction, experimental, music videos, etc.).
- Films should have been completed after the 1st January 2004 and should not have been submitted to the International Cambridge Super 8 Festival before.
- Films shorter than 20 minutes in length will be considered for both the Panorama and Competition programmes.
- Films longer than 20 minutes will only be considered for the Panorama programme. Feature films are also considered but their screenings will be exceptional due to the limited number of screening slots.
- Submissions should be made on DVD (PAL or NTSC) or data DVD (in non compressed AVI or Quicktime format).
- Only digital copies of the films will be screened and submission copies will be the screening copy.
- Films not in the English language should be subtitled in English.
- Submission copies will not be returned and will be retained in the festival archive.
- Prizes will consist of Super 8 products (film stocks, telecine, vouchers, film packages etc.).
- The best films and the award winning films may form part of the ‘Best of the Festival’ International touring programme.
- Copyright for all sound and images should be cleared.
Please contact us if you have any queries relating to these Festival rules.