Sorry, the workshop is now fully booked.
The workshop will take place daytimes on Thursday 22 (pm) and Friday 23 at a venue to be advised to booked participants (with parking and disabled access).
- Places are limited to 10 people.
- email email@example.com for queries and booking.
- The two days will cost £45.
Ditch the Super 8 camera!
Try this workshop for cameraless film with direct animation techniques.
Forget about stories and actors!
Experiment with the fundamentals of cinema – motion, colour and music.
Ignore conventional sound!
Create a soundtrack using noise, cut-ups and randomness.
- Sessions 1 & 2 (2 x 2.5 hours) – Thursday 22 April (afternoon) and Friday 23 April (morning)
Direct animation using found Super 8 – black, clear and home movie footage modified with ink, bleach and scratching.
Collage with strips of found film cut up and edited with a tape splicer to make new and unexpected connections.
- Session 3 (3 hours) – Friday 23 April (afternoon)
Sound – create a soundtrack through cutting and splicing magnetic striped film, and experiment with recording directly onto a Super 8 projector.
The finished film will be presented to the audience on Saturday 24 April.